Sunday 23 October 2011

Renegade - part 3 x


Two more people I want to quickly mention before I go off to bed...the first is the super inspirational Daniel from the drawing machine. His stand really captured my attention, tiny little models of buildings with the most intricate detail. He was presenting a collection called faces and places. My favourite was definitely places...small blocks of wood in interesting shapes all illustrated to become pieces of fantasy architecture...


The aspect of Daniel's work that really appealed to me was the way that he sold his work which was by the cm rather than by the piece...what an interesting and unusual concept. The consumers were invited to create their own town by putting together a range of miniature buildings and towers...I really want to buy a town..! It reminded me a little of my urban garden range where people can buy one tree or lots of trees to create their own mini forest or woodland...I love the idea of people being able to interact with the products they choose to buy.


Also I just loved the beautiful presentation of the drawing machine's stand...simple, striking and really effective. Please Father Christmas bring me a miniature fantasy city...


And finally, finally...I need to mention the amazing Ethan. He was at Renegade with his mum Desiree. Desiree had a gorgeous stand selling her fantastic furry creatures, unfortunately the photos I took are a little blurred but you can see her lovely work here. Her son Ethan had a little corner of her stand and was selling his own comics. He has written the stories and illustrated them himself and when I asked him more about them he was quick to give me his very own business card, I was super impressed! It made me think fondly of the days when I will be able to bring Jake along to fairs and that maybe he will make his own little comic or toy...I think I have a few years to wait as he is only 4 months old..! Please check out the dog boy comics and you can listen to the theme tune here. Now I really must go to bed, before Jake wakes for his dreamtime feed x

No comments: