Wednesday 28 September 2011

Parsons Green Farmers Market x


I love living in Parsons Green, particularly the lovely community feel about the area. Last Sunday we headed to the new farmer's market which is just a stone's throw from our little upside down house. The sun was shining which is always a bonus and it was nice to see a good turn out from the locals.



We were quite spoilt for choice with lots of yummy food and drinks and I am pleased to say that we managed to steer clear of the cakes although they did look extremely yummy (we've promised ourselves meringues next Sunday!)...we did buy a huge bag of golden yellow cherry tomatoes which we have eaten with every meal this week, from pesto, tomato and mozzarella sandwiches, to fresh pasta with tomato sauce and my favourite yummy tomato stew with salmon. You have to get a bit inventive when you have such a vast quantity of tomatoes to get through!



I was very pleased to see Chegworth Valley Farm in attendance as I am quite obsessed with their delicious apple juice and always buy a bottle whenever I spy it in coffee shops and deli's. I sampled some bramley apple juice and beetroot and apple juice but in the end settled on rhubarb and apple juice...yum yum! It didn't last long in our house, despite me trying to ration it to last the week. I will definitely be buying another bottle next weekend...x

No comments: